Fraunhofer FOKUS @ IBC 2014
Fraunhofer FOKUS presents its solution FAMIUM. IBC – International Broadcasting Convention
Visit us in hall 8, booth B80. BC2014 is the essential global meeting place for everyone engaged in creating, managing and delivering the future of electronic media and entertainment technology and content.Featuring an influential conference and world-class exhibition, IBC immerses 52,000+ professionals from 170 countries in an unrivalled experience which affords you the chance to trade and educate, to debate and connect, to challenge, strategise and innovate with the very companies and leaders shaping the market.We show an End-To-End integration of Ad-insertion based on VAST over multiple Playouts (TV, Desktop, Mobile Browser via HbbTV and DASH)
FAMIUM – Multiscreen Advertisement, DASH & DRM
- Dynamic Advert Insertion
- Support of Different Ad-Types (Video-, Display-Ads)
- Context Aware Advertisements
- Ad Tracking and Reporting
- DRM-interoperability for HTML5 EME
Features and Assets
- Open Content Decryption Module (Open Source on Github)
- Advert Insertion Management Console
- Multiscreen Playout (TV, Desktop and Mobile Browser via HbbTV and MPEG-DASH)
- HbbTV Ad Framework (VAST client, HbbTV StreamEvents)
- DASH Ad Framework (dash.js, VAST client, DASH EventStreams)
- Companion Screen Controller
The multiscreen platform FAMIUM by Fraunhofer FOKUS enables the development of TV applications for multiple screens. The applications are able to detect available devices in the home network automatically and can synchronize each other. Additional information about characters in movies or products in commercials can be conveniently accessed from your tablet or smartphone.
FAMIUM is an end-to-end prototype implementation for early technology evaluation and interoperability testing introduced by Fraunhofer FOKUS’ Competence Center Future Applications and Media (FAME).
FAMIUM supports a great variety of applications for mobile, desktop and connected TVs by facilitating multi-screen presentation, adaptive media streaming, content protection, cross-platform development and content synchronization.