Real-Time Sports Data for Augmented Reality
Progressive Web Apps (PWA) technology bring apps hat are built using Web technologies closer to native apps. Deployment of Web apps across devices is eased, because of standardized APIs.
In this project, different APIs for the integration of real-time sports data (e.g. football) are evaluated. The goal of this project is to enable real-time, live statistics for the audience watching a game in the stadium in the form of a PWA running on a mobile device.
In terms of networking, lower latency can be expected with the emergence of 5G. This enables Augmented Reality (AR) applications, e.g. using the camera to track a player's real-time data.
- Develop an interoperable PWA
- Integrate real-time sports data
- Evaluate performance and latency
Web-based Cloud Gaming with Predicted Adaptive Streaming
Cloud Gaming platforms like Google Stadia are gaining popularity in the last time. The idea is to run graphic intensive games on dedicated servers in the cloud and send only the rendered video to the client. User controls are sent to the server via an appropriate protocol. Latency, network bandwidth, video codecs and streaming protocols play a central role and impact the user experience.
- Develop a Cloud Game Server based on an open source browser that runs in the cloud
- Develop a Cloud Client that can predict the bandwidth and adapt the stream bitrate
- Evaluate the implementation with an web-based open source game according Latency, predicted bandwidth, Video Quality
- NoSQL Database Technologies
Immersive Web - WebXR
WebXR is a W3C specification which supports developers building virtual reality (VR) and augmented reality (AR) applications using pure web technologies. The API includes interfaces for accessing device sensors and control the head-mounted display. WebXR is already implemented in many browsers like Chrome and Firefox. There are also existing WebXR frameworks like A-Frame from Mozilla which makes the development of VR/AR application easier.
- Evaluate WebXR Specification and related Frameworks
Develop a XR application using the WebXR and one of the identified Framework
- Evaluate you Implementation on different browsers that support WebXR
Supervisor: Louay Bassbouss